Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rain got in my 06 cobalt and the locks started going crazy but they stopped going crazy but now they dont work. Power windows are all ok only thing wrong is the power locks on the passenger side and driver side. Any suggestions what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Power door lock fuse!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I got my interior steam cleaned and the detailer got ALOT of water in the switches

my locks started locking and unlocking continuously, then quit working all together

I tried everything, then finally changed the switches, all works now

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Yeah, rain got in mine. It was a down poor and A LOT of water got in it. It did the same thing, locking unlocking randomly. It was a problem cause i don't have my remote so the alarm went off when i opened my door. Just disconnected it for a while. Now it works fine

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments but I am going to try to change the switches is there anyway you guys can tell me how to switch them ? I would highly appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

I got my interior steam cleaned and the detailer got ALOT of water in the switches

my locks started locking and unlocking continuously, then quit working all together

I tried everything, then finally changed the switches, all works now
Is there anyway you can tell me how to change the switches ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's very easy

Pull out the bezel that holds in all the switches by removing the screw in the handle pocket, and unplug all the switches

The lock switches push through the top, instead of through the bottom like all the other switches, so push I'm the little tab holding in the switch, then push on the back of the switch to push it through

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I have a similar problem with my door locks. Rain got in through the window and corroded the contacts. I opened it up one day, pulled out the little chip board and scratched off the corrosion with a little pick, then 'painting in' the open circuit I had made with the pick with a metallic pen, slapped it all back together and it worked fine for a few weeks. When it let go again, I swapped it for the passenger side switch. Now only the lock side functions and not the unlock. Passenger side is a dud. I've learned to live with it now, it's not a bother anymore. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.