Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 08 ls with manual locks. and i want power locks
does anyone know of decent but cheap priced kit that i could get.
just want to be able to lock both doors with the power of a remote

let me know

thanks

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my only problem is installing them, me my self i have no clue how to do it, i went to one shop and they want 175 to install them

·
Registered
192 Posts
that would be the kit. when i had my LS i planned on doing this. instead, i just bought a car with power locks :D (ss/sc)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah. to date im having no luck finding anyone to install.
i was tempted to walk into this family owned garage my grandfather use to go to all the time to get his truck worked on to ask them if they could install it. it was a like 1946 (i believe) chevy step van and it had liek 8 motors a shitload of trannys and all that it had like almost 900,000 miles on it. and my dad sold it for liek 400 bux which i wish he didnt so i could have learned how to drive stick on it but i was thinking if i walked in and told them who i was they would possibly do it. dont know yet

52 Posts
Where do you live? I installed mine in about an hour. Very easy to do and didnt require cutting anything.

·
Banned
292 Posts
hrm... i'm considering doing this as well... ebay has a few kits, but not sure as to the quality a few guys on css.net have the ebay kits and have said good things... i dunno.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hrm... i'm considering doing this as well... ebay has a few kits, but not sure as to the quality a few guys on css.net have the ebay kits and have said good things... i dunno.
get either this
2 Door Power Door Lock & Keyless Entry: A1 Electric Online Store

or this

2 Door Power Door Lock & 712T Keyless Entry: A1 Electric Online Store

i would/ im eventually get the 2nd one because its a upgrade to the 1st one which mainly is the DEI keyless setup DEI is the makers of viper which is the security alarms and there one of the most named around
-----Added 11 Oct 2008 at 10:37:29-----
Where do you live? I installed mine in about an hour. Very easy to do and didnt require cutting anything.
i live in ny

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
52 Posts
Thats where I got mine. Never a problem with it. I recommend it you dont have power locks, get this mod, you will not regret it and it doesnt require any cutting.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i just get annoyed with the manual locks because if i had the power locks with the remote the remote would be on my key ring and i would never forget to press the lock button
i just have to wait a little and find some one to install for cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.