Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 cobalt lt is saying power steering and low fuel you can't see the oil percentage or anything need some help can't afford to take it to a dealer to mess it up

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
look at the power steering fluid? Is it full or empty? and when you turn the steering wheel when barely moving, does it squeek?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Will need more info... Any engine codes, anything else not working?

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

look at the power steering fluid? Is it full or empty? and when you turn the steering wheel when barely moving, does it squeek?
Car is electric steering???

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes, all cobalts use Electronic Steering Assist module -vs-power steering pump/fluid. You may have a faulty module and is still covered from a recall. Mine is shaking a bit on the brakes, but not too bent out of shape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The car won't start or won't even turn over it say low fuel and there is a ¼ of a tank of fuel how do you check the power steering fluid in them

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I'm going to try to get a code reader when I get off work to check it I'm afraid it may be the bcm or something
I never had the power steering recall fixed and as far as I know everything else works I really don't know driving me crazy

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Bad contact on ECM fuse in "BCM" fuse block. Check all fuses by pulling and visually inspecting both filament and contact surface for corrosion.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There is no power steering, its electronic...sounds like your gonna need that recall if it keeps flashing you in the DIC "Steering"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm doing some more checking on it going back over the fuses and stuff what ever it is making not even show any fuel or anything if the power steering went out i don't really see why it wouldn't run
Thanks for everyone's help I appreciate it hopefully I don't have to take it to a dealer or something

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

OK I found out what it was I started going back over all the fuses in the car found out fuse 25 in the bcm which was the ecm / tcm 10 amp fuse was blown

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I thought so! Post 9

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, all cobalts use Electronic Steering Assist module -vs-power steering pump/fluid. You may have a faulty module and is still covered from a recall. Mine is shaking a bit on the brakes, but not too bent out of shape.
Too late to take it in?

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Will need more info... Any engine codes, anything else not working?

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Car is electric steering???
stooooooooooooop. I changed the power steering pump on my truck a couple days ago. I'm not in the mindset. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.