Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gm has officially released info for us! You can get your money back if you have had previous service for the problem. But its not through the dealership, its through the customer support. Im sure you can call your dealer to find out what the number is.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! ill look anything up!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Np :). My car wasnt in the recall thankfully lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
67707678......guess I better call my local dealer!

·
Registered
750 Posts
How do i know what number I am? I see the chart for the recall but have no idea where to find the number. My guess is VIN? Also if no service has been done do I take it in still for replacement, or is this purely a reimbursement thing?

·
Registered
446 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have the link for this would you? I can't find it anywhere. :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do i know what number I am? I see the chart for the recall but have no idea where to find the number. My guess is VIN? Also if no service has been done do I take it in still for replacement, or is this purely a reimbursement thing?
You can call your dealer and as if there is an open recall on your vehicle. And the numbers should be the last 8 of your VIN.

yea same here man does any1 know where to find the number at???
I can get the number later and post it.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

You wouldn't happen to have the link for this would you? I can't find it anywhere. :(
lol, you cant find it anywhere. I work for GM, so i get access to things other people cant!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i was told that i have to wait for a letter in the mail befor i can take my car in ? and do we pay for the work or is it free ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Katsu is it true that a free rental is provided for all recalled balts?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I just talked to the local dealer, FIRST priority goes to the new cars they need to sell , then to cars out on the streets. Seems like the customer is last priority again!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol honestly, you guys could all do this by yourself. Its 2 bolts and a plug, takes like 10 mins. And you will have to pay nothing out of your pocket. Since its warrenty/recall. And again, shouldnt need a rental, takes like 10 mins lol.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My # is 67729217. This just adds to the list of items that will need to be taken care of once I get my car back from the body shop.

1) Steering Column Recall
2) Fuel Pump Recall
3) Power Steering Recall
4) Control Arm Bushings - Already have been replaced twice.
5) Stalling Issue - Stalls randomly on bumps. Been happening the entire life of the vehicle. Has progressed to not being able to restart in Neutral. Researched and seems to be a problem with BCM or PCM. Dealership resists testing or replacement w/o seeing the problem happen first hand. Has been taken in at least 4 times for this

·
Registered
37 Posts
So ya my 2005 Pontiac Pursuit had this problem. So I sent it to the dealer to get fixed.

So what exactly is suppose to be fixed? Just the motor or the steering column as well?

They just changed my DC motor. But now I notice this clunking noise when going over bumps. Im thinking it could be something to do with the column.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
lol honestly, you guys could all do this by yourself. Its 2 bolts and a plug, takes like 10 mins. And you will have to pay nothing out of your pocket. Since its warrenty/recall. And again, shouldnt need a rental, takes like 10 mins lol.
are what exactly is the motor? Is it the square black piece or the Cylinder lookin black piece, and also is it able to be swapped out without removing the WHOLE column? This will help out soo much

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Just got done talking to CHevy HQ and they said that even though your VIN may be in the range of VIN's listed your vehicle may not be involved in the recall. Mine is in the said range for 2007 Cobalts and my car is not "flagged" for recall.

Guess I will be buying the Blue Oval when it comes time for a new vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I called the dealer to day and they would not honor the recall on our cobalt because the car has a salvage title. Is this true? And do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the motor out of pocket?

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.