Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've been selling complete steering columns for people to use as an OEM replacement when their power steering pump malfunctions. I've got someone looking at one but they were told that the tire size will determine if it will work in their vehicle or not. Has anyone who's replaced their pump ran into an issue like this? I've never heard of it, but don't want the guy to dump a whole lot of money on something that won't work.
If anyone could help out, I'd be grateful.
Scott

·
Registered
462 Posts
Whoa, what? Tire size won't determine anything that has to do with with power steering pump, plus we don't even have those on Cobalts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, what? Tire size won't determine anything that has to do with with power steering pump, plus we don't even have those on Cobalts.
I'm referring to the electronic power steering module on the steering column. Sorry if referring to it as a pump was confusing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hmm haha in that case yeah for Cobalts they'll be all the same, since we all do have same wheel diameter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Cobalt-SS models have limited steering (and a wider turning radius) because the car has wider tires than the conventionally aspiriated (2.2 liter engine) Cobalts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.