Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this repeating problem with my power steering. The warning light comes on but the power steering won't go out. Then the power steering goes out but no warning light. It has been in the shop now seven times for this problem. They can't find nothing wrong something. No trouble codes come up. So now they have replaced the steering colum and a wire that was pinched. Does anyone else have this problem or know anyone with this problem. And if so what was the problem you had.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have this repeating problem with my power steering. The warning light comes on but the power steering won't go out. Then the power steering goes out but no warning light. It has been in the shop now seven times for this problem. They can't find nothing wrong something. No trouble codes come up. So now they have replaced the steering colum and a wire that was pinched. Does anyone else have this problem or know anyone with this problem. And if so what was the problem you had.
my issue cause me to lose control of my car, and end up in an accident.

where was the wire pinched????

mine was a pair of pinched wires

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I kind of had this problem. it would give me the power steering warning thing then my speedometer would just drop to zero.

Turned out to be the speed sensor since our car has speed sensitive power steering

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I kind of had this problem. it would give me the power steering warning thing then my speedometer would just drop to zero.

Turned out to be the speed sensor since our car has speed sensitive power steering
i replaced that(checked the codes, threw in a new one, still had the issue)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
my wifes car is doing that right now i am gonna burn it to the ground nothin but problems
i took it off the road, and am selling it. my Corsica will be better, guaranteed

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.