Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have power windows, and the passenger side was smashed in and replaced a couple years ago. Since then, it's always rolled up and down slower than the driver's side. now, for about 8 months, the passenger side window gets "caught" before it finished rolling up. it comes up 1/4 the way, then stops, then POPs and keeps going back up. keeps making me think it's gona shatter the window. anyways, anyone have any experience with power windows? Pictures or advice welcome.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
sorry to be useless, but this is why I was ok with manual windows...less problems.

Good luck though.

I would suggest opening it up an seeing if anything is jammed in there or if something has just flat out broke. I think you'll be able to see it if you do a roll up with the panneling removed. Either way, more pressure on the motor is not a good thing, so I would not use that window unless you're diagnosing at this point.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Its probably the motor. I had an 2002 z24 and my drivers side window started doing that about 2 years after I got it and it was the motor. Have the motor checked to see if its going bad. If something was pressing against it I would guess that you would have had problems with it a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Like what was already mentioned, pop off the panels and check the window track, the wires to the motor, the motor itself, and check to see if there is anything stuck to the window or obtructing the wondow/s travel.
Also agree with the human"power" windows and seats. Fewer problems.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, yea my bad, I forgot to mention I did that. Nothing really obstructing the track, nothing seem to catch or hinder the window. It seemed mechanically simple. I'm going to WD-40 the track tomorrow, maybe i can hold off on changing the motor for a while.

and I disagree - power windows are awesome. I think the guy that replaced my window screwed up, because the window rolled up much slower after he changed it, and it began to catch and pop like it does about a month after. I was to naive then to do anything about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.