Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So to make a long story short i have a 4 door LTZ with power windows. non of the windows will work from its own door switch except the front passenger side. The driver side switch wont do anything for any to any of the doors not even the front passenger.

I tried replacing the fuse, reseating the RAP relay, replacing the drivers side window switch.

And none of that has made any changes.

Any ideas what could be causing this?:confused:

i also tried pressing the switch's that are not working with the interior lights on to see if them dim and they don't.

noticed today when i unplug the drivers side switch the only working switch stopped working until i plugged it back in.

Does any one know which wires i can test for power with out having to remove my door panel?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Probably a bad window motor. My son's passenger side rear seat motor is bad. I opened the door panel, smacked it with a hammer a couple of times and it worked for a little bit, but now it is no longer working. Probably a "dead" spot in the motor.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have had the opposite problem in the past, windows not going up for whatever reason. I try the switch over and over and nothing until finally usually a good while later, it goes up. I have never gotten an answer to this, I wonder if the two problems could be related.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
My friend has a Honda civic, and his had the same problem. Sometimes it worked. He got a new wijdow motor and now it works.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, I thinks it's kinda generally a car thing. I know it's worse for me in the heat, I can't roll my windows down all the way especially in 90 degree heat, they won't go up til the whole car cools down. Is the OP's problem intermittent or they just plain don't work, because that sounds like a different problem. And the door panel comes off really easy if you still just wanna test the wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.