Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I took my 08 Cobalt in to the dealership was for the power windows on the passenger side. They were not working. I was told that this happens when the windows get dirty and then stick to the rubber and so don't go down.
A few months later and the same problem is occuring. The passenger side windows do not go down...here are my questions:

1. Is it really a problem of dirt and heat making them stick to the rubber seal around the window?
2. How do I fix it if it is?
3. How do I prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't buy it being a problem of dirt and sticking around the seal. It could be a build up of dirt and debris in the worm gear mechanism of the window motors, though unlikely to be happening to both at the same time. Do they work intermittently? Do they always fail at the same time? Sounds more like a switch that is going bad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine stop working all the time. hit a big bump, get a bit of rain on the window switch, dirt and grime on the mechanical parts etc... i think the problem is that the cobalt has many items that should be a notch better in quality, but im sure if the seals around the bottom of the window were a little tighter and made of a higher quality material, most problems would be solved.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Take it to a dealer that will fix your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.