Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had tenzo springs on my sedan before and it was to rough and it binded the steering. there back off now and i am looking at the sportline or the pro kit i would like the pro kit becuase the drop is more. i am concerned about the ride quality i dont mind it a little bit rougher but i really dont want the ride i had with the tenzos.

any suggestions

what about struts

R

·
0 Posts
The sportlines are more of a drop than the pro-kit. I have the pro-kit and the ride is near stock on stock struts/shocks. I wanna get the sportlines though cuz when the wheels are on with the lower profile tires it looks like a drive a monster truck still. So, if you have lower p-file tires i would reccommend the sportlines.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would get the pro kit that's what I'm getting I have SSC springs now.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sportlines

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It all depends in how much of a drop you want.. If you want a bigger drop go with the sportlines. But if your looking for better handling, rather than just a drop. Go with the pro kit. I have heard the sportlines are a rough ride. Sportlines will also wear out your stock struts quicker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was looking for more of a drop but i also dont want an extremely rough ride.

what do you think about aftermarket struts/shocks any suggestions will they help the ride quality

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just have heard sportlines are too much of a drop for the stock struts and shocks. Like if you hit a pothole at a fair speed you will have one messed up balt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
so on all these lowering springs with the answers being posted... would ss/sc owners need to change struts/shocks as well in a drop?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have had sportlines on my LS for about 15,000 miles. I also replaced the stock FE1 struts and shocks with FE5 units from an SS/SC. The only modification I had to do was cut the bumpstops as directed. The car rides real tight, not rough at all, and I've had absolutely no problem with pot holes. Speed bumbs are a different story though. Went too fast over the first one and scraped up the undercarriage pretty good.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just posted this in another thread, but these are Eibach Sportlines on my LS, before and after. Running 205/40/17R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so on all these lowering springs with the answers being posted... would ss/sc owners need to change struts/shocks as well in a drop?
Cobalt SS with Pro-kit is (Front 0)(Rear 0.5) Drop so you can use stock FE5 Shocks and struts no problem
The Sportlines will wear them out a little quicker since they are not really designed by GM to take a 1 inch FR and 1.3 inch Rear drop as my friends with the SS/SC will tell you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i bought a camber kit just incase do you have to drill the struts out to make the cam action work?? has anyone installed them ????

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was wondering I'm planning on running 225/40r17 tires on my rims I'm getting this Friday...and I'm looking at getting the Pro-Kit...will I still have Fender gap or should I also change the struts to FE5 shocks and struts....and btw how much are the FE5 Shocks and Struts?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i would go with the Koni struts if were to do the sportlines

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.