Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use bondo or some other material to fill in the very small grooves between each steel (or plastic) piece of the car?

In theory if all filled in, the car would seem to be one single piece of metal. I've seen this in person done on a honda civic years ago - and just now thought of how snazzy this would be with a Cobalt.

I'm considering of trying it before the summer months pass. But I have no clue what material to use.

Any thoughts/comments? Or am I just kinda crazy? Honesty is respected...even if you think this is nuts.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
lol. dukes of hazzard much?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
molding

lol...thanks for the replies. Maybe I'd only do the passenger door - y'know, screw whoever wants to ride with me. :)

Oh..and this would be for a 2d. A 4door one would rock - but I personally wouldn't want to own one like that. I'm usually the designated driver when we go out - so imagine a bunch of drunks climbing over the doors. It would be quite a show!

The main part I was thinking of doing is on the side near the trunk. That spot is the obvious part that I'd like to see solid. (and I won't have to go dukes of hazzard anytime soon!)

Maybe there's some black rubber that could fit perfectly in there with some glue. (my car is black...hence my 'Pepper' handle)

Not giving up hope yet...

·
Registered
802 Posts
most people that mold kit's are using fiberglass bumpers so they fiberglass the bumpers and side skirts to the car for that seamless look' usually only done with show cars to me it's a waste of money to ne one that really drives there car every day... also bondo and or fiberglass will not hold to plastic like you want it to and you' basically be peein up a rope cuz i'll just keep chipin and breakin away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i wouldnt use bondo you would have to do alot more work than just fill in the crevasses heh it takes alot of metal work and body work to pull it off or at least to pull it off right!. even fiberglass will warp or crack under pressure.. molding bumpers to fenders and quarters isnt to bad just hope you dont ever get in a wreck ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.