Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like a noob asking this, but I recently went to tire kingdom, ordered my wheels, put the 2 wheels in the back while the front 2 are shipped as of now. So I am running 2 completly different wheel sizes and tires. Front is 195/60/15 and rear is 215/45/17. Could different sidewalls and tread be an issue or possibly over torquing any lug nuts have any impact?

My brakes were running just fine before they installed the new wheels and they decided to take off the front wheels for some odd reason. The other reason why they put the 2 wheels on is cause 1 factory wheel had a dent in the wheel and all 4 tires were overbalanced from dealership by 2.25 ounces per wheel.

Any ideas? My brakes are pulsating like crazy as of now with the steering wheel, kinda like if my rotors are warped. I know that they will need to be replaced right after I get the front 2 wheels and tires put on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do you have ABS brakes?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have ABS brakes?
I have no clue, on the instrument panel, the abs is in there, but does not light up on startup. On the brake fluid cap, it has the (0) feature, but does not say anywhere ABS on the door panel or under the hood.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Its probably abs going crazy because of the huge difference in tire sizes. A tire shop should be smart enough to tighten your wheels in a criss cross pattern. If they didn't they couldve warped a rotor or two

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its probably abs going crazy because of the huge difference in tire sizes. A tire shop should be smart enough to tighten your wheels in a criss cross pattern. If they didn't they couldve warped a rotor or two
I kinda figured the tire sizes would be noticeable, its not good to do this, but for 4 more days, then ill have my new wheels on in the front. I was looking at some good non Autozone rotors and non ceramic pads, looks like they will be next :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
At the bottom drivers side of the rad support if you have an ABS brake module, with a bunch of brake lines going in, you have ABS.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the bottom drivers side of the rad support if you have an ABS brake module, with a bunch of brake lines going in, you have ABS.
mine actually looks a retarded harmonica, or channel splitter with a bunch of brake lines, but its located on driver side next to ECM.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That's it, that's what the drawing shows.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's it, that's what the drawing shows.
So I do have ABS then...I noticed on Edmunds Review that ABS was an option ($400). I should remove that ABS fuse so that I wont have terrible braking?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
ABS might save your life one day. Just get 4 tires of the same circumference.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, ABS is great, sure beats manually pumping the brake pedal and slamming down an E brake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.