Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend had hooked up my stereo and needed a 12v source. So he hooked it up to one of the wires that goes to the airbag light on the radio bezel. well i unhooked the stereo from the harness since the wires werent taped, like he said. But when i plugged it up the next day nothing worked like it didnt have power and hooked it to another wire. But my problem is the a/c wont work and we think i blew a fuse but i didnt know what size the fuse is or where it would be located...plus my marquee is on but i cant change it when i hit the button.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
10 amp fuse(red) upper side of fuse panel (BCM)on front passenger side of console. Fuse diagram is on back of removable panel. The 2 (10 & 16) 10 amp fuses on either side of the HVAC relay are for AC, check those first.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I didn't want to say as much. But for power you should use a tapoff right at the fuse block and never cut into wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fixed it. It was jus a fuse. Thank ya. Lol yea a lil slow on gettin back to ppl. But if ne wants to talk txtings the best way. It's 304-993-1404

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I fixed it. It was jus a fuse.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Which Fuse? Did you fix your wiring also?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Actually taping the wires would have been half assed it sound like your buddy wanted to start a fire in the dash
I never use tape unless I'm in a bind. Uncured rubber or silicone and always solder with silver solder or crimp wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.