Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The codes it throws are as follows. P1506, P0401, P0304, and P0000 6 times.
1506=Idle Air Control Over Speed Error
0401=related to the EGR somehow, not sure the specific code
0304=continous misfire on cylinder #4
Also when I accelerate hard the OIL psi gauge drops and the light comes on but then goes back to normal.
This is a video at idle.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
sounds like you need to turn the radio station off of country that is your problem and it also sounded like someone was blowing an air horn too.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
oh and sorry camo i was just kidding lol

umm i would guess that you have a spark issue if you have a cylinder miss firing. maybe coil pack?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
umm do you have an idle air motor thingy? maybe that is bad? or maybe you have a vacuum leak somewhere?

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

does is idle too high?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
1. Plugged egr or cat causing code
2. Vac leak causing sound
3. bad coil / bad plug causing misfire
4. country music causing truck to be depressed and suicidal.
5. speedo stuck at 20 mph.
6. MAP or MAF sensor? I would fix other problems first then look at this one. If you have a bad misfire it can cause other codes.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm guessing that has to do with the idle but yeah 3 all different engine codes at once ugh

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

6. MAP or MAF sensor? I would fix other problems first then look at this one. If you have a bad misfire it can cause other codes.
1. thanks
2. thanks.
3. thanks
4. her music not mine
5. thats not an actual problem i know it does that
6. just like dirty?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I would take care of number 3 first. That can cause more codes. Then clear all the codes. If the others come back take are of number 6. You also need to get under the hood and check all the vac lines. Use your ear and try to chase down exactly where the sound is coming from.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I agree with will

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

and will you are slacking in random. lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
just a guess... my boys got a f 150... the horn noise is from the IAC valve... ide try replaceing that.. see where that puts ya... once agian just a guess

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.