Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pioneer F700BT head unit and an iPhone 5. My problem is that when I connect my iPhone to my head unit to play music, after about 40 seconds the music stops playing as if I hit pause. This is happening every time just started recently. Any ideas as to what may be happening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I have a Pioneer F700BT head unit and an iPhone 5. My problem is that when I connect my iPhone to my head unit to play music, after about 40 seconds the music stops playing as if I hit pause. This is happening every time just started recently. Any ideas as to what may be happening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Is your iPhone actually paused or do you no longer hear the music even though your phone continues to play?

It sounds like it could be losing connectivity. This could happen if your iPhone is going to sleep(when it sleeps, it turns off Bluetooth usually.) From what I've read to only way to keep Bluetooth from turning off is to have your apple device not sleep...so you'll want to make sure it's plugged into a charger.

If anyone else has an apple device and has found a way to make Bluetooth not sleep feel free to chime in, but from what I've been reading on some of the apple forum threads, there isn't a good way to let your phone sleep and Bluetooth still work.

That may have changed and I'm an android user so I can't confirm or deny that this is still an issue for iPhone users.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i have had a similar issue just after updating to ios 8. If i let the device go to sleep (iphone 5s) on its own, the music would pause. But if i hit the power button on the phone to kill the screen then the music would not pause. pioneer fh-x700bt it could also be the app your using be it the stock music app on iphone or an app from the store.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My 5s goes to sleep and the music still works fine and that's the new iOS 8 as well.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i just installed a new pioneer avh x5600bhs and noticed that the music stops after like 20 seconds as well. It pauses and i have to hit play again and once i do it its fine, it only shuts off one time. weird!! I think it is something in the phone but dont know what to do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.