Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with Spectre Intake

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  bluegtp91 
#1 ·
I went to my local autozone and purchased all of the parts that I was told I would need to assemble an intake. However, when I went to put it on the car, it seems that the MAF sensor does not fit into the part that I bought for the car. Has anyone had this problem, or can anyone provide any suggestions to solve this?

#2 ·
#4 ·
#6 ·
I wouldn't doubt they have them, just find a person who can make clean welds and your set.

#8 ·
yeah i did the same thing. the part from autozone doesnt fit. just dremel the slot push it in and you're good to go

#14 ·
What size reducer do I need for my intake?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

and what size strait pieces do I need

#15 ·
I left the stock box...and apparently my car runs pretty good from the times I have seen here. It was stock at the time too...most new cars don't like having the MAF disrupted from its factory location...I used a reducer from the stock box to a piece of leftover intercooler piping my buddy had from his DSM build...and ran a 90* Silicone coupler to the TB. Then I yanked out the bottom of the air box and hacked the car out of it pretty much exposing the entire bottom side of the K&N Drop-In I have. Probably does just a good of a job as the $300 intakes do for ~$50. Pic of it is in here...

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/20872-exhaust-video.html

#21 ·
Spectre Performance MAFS Tuning Adapter will solve your mass air flow needs with no issues at all. Again the part is #9405. The K&N intake is great however, a much more expensive solution.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

The intake pipe you have is nice however, by keeping the stock box you are defeating the purpose. The Spectre #9405 I mentioned in the thread is $32 at autozone.com (not in stores).
The #9405 will seat the MAFS in the exact place and inner diameter is 74mm. Which is the same as the stock set up. Then use any filter with a 3inch opening. I chose the Spectre #9132. Check my garage for pic. This set up gave my car more power and a wicked sound. Especially when I go flat out.

#19 ·
Don't think you can beat using the stock airbox...I bet mine flows just as good as that K&N :D LOL

#22 ·
What size coupler do I need from the 90 degree tube to the throttle body?

#27 ·
At my autozone the couplers were only one size :/ lol its whatever the size of the pipe is in the kit, i had to squeeze the coupler on the TB a little but its not too much bigger to make any difference

I used the intake kit to pipe my fujita directly to the TB, had to cut the pipe but it works great

#28 ·
It looks good too, but I think I'm gunna do an SRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.