Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I've been having a lot of trouble with my cobalt, just one thing after another it seems. It is a 2010 2.2 LT automatic, 110,000 miles on. Not so long ago, the check engine light came on and it started shaking, lurching rather. Well, after running the codes, it turned out I needed to change the intake solenoid, so I did and it helped. A bit. The shaking stopped, but right after that I started to lose a lot of power and acceleration randomly, which proceeded to become constantly. Changed the spark plugs and boots, and it again helped, but not much. As of now I can (eventually) reach 70 if im light on the gas pedal. Going up a decent hill I lose speed down to 50 or 40, depending on how big. On top of that, if I give a lot of gas at once or try to accelerate to quickly, my car feels like it bogs down and I again lose acceleration, coupled with rpms going to 3000 but jumping around it a bit, until I let it all drop to zero and start to slowly speed up again. In essence, I don't know what else to do, and I can't necessarily afford to take it to a mechanic. Any ideas on what I can check?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Kinda sounds like it's plugged!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Also thinking about this further, maybe your catalytic converter is plugged.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My money is on the cat. Remove the first o2 sensor and take it for a drive. If you get all your power back than you know it's the cat. Normally if the cat is bad it will get worse as the engine gets warmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.