Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H[INDENT[/INDENT]hey guys I'm new here, I'm not totally sure how to go about this, so I have a 06 cobalt LT, so long story short I was trying to put te car in neutral and ended up jamming the button in on the shift knob, I heard a loud crack, now the button doesn't come out, car shifts fine but the key is now gets stuck and can't pull it out, did some research and found the button under the steering column and also found the micro switch next to the shifting assembly. For now i can get the key out, So after reading up on it, I found that this is a frequent problem with this car, and I also read that the actuator is behind the buttonin the knob,(not sure how true this is) and could possibly have broke, causing this issue, so basically my question is if I get another stock knob, and make sure to put everything back where it should be with the micro switch, will this solve my problem? I appreciate any feedback. -mike- oh and I also have access to the whole assembly if need be.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Bottom of shifter probably came loose and the little shaft that goes across fell out. You just have to dis-assemble it and re-assemble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.