Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 07 cobalt ls december 29th 2013, and when i parked it i left the lights on and ofcourse the battery is dead, i just tried boosting it now and nothing happened, all you hear is a click like it wants to kick over, i may also add its about -8 degrees celcious or so. can anyone help me?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
for future reference if you leave it in the auto spot they'll turn off by themselves and flip to low beams when it gets dark enough.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like the battery to me but I would think it would start with a jump

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
it was clicking like the starter

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

for future reference if you leave it in the auto spot they'll turn off by themselves and flip to low beams when it gets dark enough.
great, so leave in auto basically?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
yup, its what ive done for over a year, never have a reason not to leave it there.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
you probably need a boost then let it run for a bit. leaving the lights on probably drained the battery

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you probably need a boost then let it run for a bit. leaving the lights on probably drained the battery
I tried boosting, and all it did was click but we just let it sit for 5 mins and try, maybe try longer? and you can boost from the front battery right?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
from the front post on the fuse box? sometimes, my friend's doesn't work for boosting other cars so if I were you I would try to get the cables directly on the battery in the trunk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from the front post on the fuse box? sometimes, my friend's doesn't work for boosting other cars so if I were you I would try to get the cables directly on the battery in the trunk
ok I'll try that, but here's the problem, my trunk won't open because it didn't get used and the trunk button don't work (hopefully just a fuse)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
hmm...start checking fuses. if the battery is super dead you might have to check visually or check continuity with a meter

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
the boosting terminal in the engine bay can come loose as well which will make you think the battery is dead

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
the ones he's talking about are on the battery. the one im talking about is under the hood

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
he means down, but pulling the seats down requires the latches in the trunk, that i still dont understand sometimes lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.