Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a full reservoir of window washer fluid. When I press the button, nothing comes out, the motor isn't even running! I thought it would be frozen or disconnected lines, but why wouldn't I hear the motor running... Can anyone help?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
both sets?

the cobalt has two sets of fuses, one under the hood, one in the center console located on the passengter side

the actual fuse for the motor is located under the hood, but for the washer switch, it's in the interior panel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? i couldnt find anything regarding to the motor for the washer switch and the fuses looked fine. any sugestions to which one it may be? the manual doesnt tell you anything. I'm sorry for this, i'm just gettin frustrated.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
try pulling them out(both fuses), and putting new ones in, then give it a try :toung:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi!

Your washer motor may be running and you just can't hear it.

Recently, it got very cold here in the Midwest. My washer's quit working too one day, around 18 deg. I thought it had quit too, I couldn't hear it. I finally stopped, popped the hood and had my wife hit the button while I was outside...then I could hear it, but barely. I finally got things flowing, flushed out the junk dealer washer fluid and added the good stuff (RainX orange). No problem freezing since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!

Your washer motor may be running and you just can't hear it.

Recently, it got very cold here in the Midwest. My washer's quit working too one day, around 18 deg. I thought it had quit too, I couldn't hear it. I finally stopped, popped the hood and had my wife hit the button while I was outside...then I could hear it, but barely. I finally got things flowing, flushed out the junk dealer washer fluid and added the good stuff (RainX orange). No problem freezing since.

How did you get them working? did you do anything with the fuses?
-----Added 16 Jan 2009 at 03:30:11-----
I keep asking because i want to be exact before i go pokin around in there. its -5 farenheit out there. its cold when your out there for more then 30-40mins. after that i cant feel my fingers haha (no garage). so a quick and easy fix is what i'm lookin for

Again, Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep asking because i want to be exact before i go pokin around in there. its -5 farenheit out there. its cold when your out there for more then 30-40mins. after that i cant feel my fingers haha (no garage). so a quick and easy fix is what i'm lookin for

Again, Thanks
-----Added 16 Jan 2009 at 03:34:13-----
How good is the rainX? doesnt it leave a think res on your windsheild? i dealt with rainX before (not the washer fluid) and couldnt get the stuff off. Will the washer fluid do the same?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How good is the rainX? doesnt it leave a think res on your windsheild? i dealt with rainX before (not the washer fluid) and couldnt get the stuff off. Will the washer fluid do the same?

·
Registered
169 Posts
rainx is good stuff no thick residue.. then again you apply it to the exterior

so its -whazever and you guys are using your windshield wiper fluid? what the hell for? wouldnt it just freeze once it hits the windshield and make it worse to see? i dont think any balts have the heated wiper fluid...

·
Registered
68 Posts
davkojr...-5? Your washer system is definitely froze...well, unless you have already replaced it in the past with something. There is a slight chance your entire system is froze, meaning your pump is frozen as well, that's why you can't hear it.

You will have to get the car inside somewhere or move South in order to get things thawed out. Once you do, replace the fluid with a higher end product.

PS...I don't have any residue with the RainX product.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would dumping warm-hot water over the washer resiovour help any? It could possibly thaw out the system enough to empy the fluid not meant for sub zero temperatures out of it and get some that is in it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hmmm, at -5 it probably wouldn't stay warm long enough to thaw anything out.

I'm not suggesting this or anything...but I do remember using a hair dryer to solve a similar problem many years ago...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been using rainx for years and love the stuff. both the regular stuff you apply manually to the windshield as well as the washer fluid with the rainx in it.

I have never had a residue or build-up issue. Its great to drive down the highway in a rainstorm and not have to use the wiper blades.

Eventually the stuff does wear off. I dont think you need to reapply as often as they say. I usually apply about 2 times a year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.