Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't really have experience with spray paint don't know if it will come out way too dark, or just uneven and bad. Just want to smoke them out.

I emailed a wrap/tint place and he said he'd give me a "deal" and do 35% film on my tail lights for $40.

Should I spend the $40 or just practice on another lens? Is it easy to take off the Nite Shades and re do it like plasti dip was?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Thats a decent price for professional tinting.

·
Registered
563 Posts
did you manage to get a shift knob??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I'd ask to see some of their work though and if it checks out go that route. That way you can always strip it off if the police give you a hard time.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Stratos we will be racing Saturday at Dakota county tech college if you wanna check it out. It's a testing day so just fun, bring a snell rated helmet and I could get you in the passanger seat for a run or two.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I think it's like 8-4 all Saturday, I'll PM you some info as to not sidetrack the OP's topic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you manage to get a shift knob??
Lol... course not ; ) scraped off the remainder of the aluminium and took the ghetto tape off. So now it's just ugly. Ugly is preferable over tape though, so I'll deal until I can afford a new one. Might use my mechanic friend's employee discount when I do.

And thanks everyone for your opinions, I will go ahead and just get the film then! Might have to wait a few weeks still to get more money, but will post pictures when I'm done with these small mods.

·
Registered
803 Posts
good idea to go with what the crowd says, i think ima do it to my stockers as well but get it off ebay cuz no shops in my small town

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hey Kate look at this shift knob:
Pilot Automotive/Aluminum brushed shift knob (PM-2260S) | Shift Knobs | AutoZone.com
I searched through auto stores trying to find a knob that fit well and didnt strip out on me. I wrecked like 3 different ones that didnt tighten down far enough.

This one shortens up, compared to the stock knob a little bit, but the hex screws tighten below the notch in the shifter. So this way it stays tight on the complete radius of the shifter. I had great luck with it, cheap too.

Just an idea if you need a decent quick fix :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.