Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Has anybody used a programmer to increase there mpg or used any kind of higher performance spark plugs?
yea iv been wondering about better plugs too..i bought bosch iridium and have heard good things about them but havent got mine installed..wondering if it will help the mpgs at all

·
Registered
219 Posts
Don't know about plugs but some people (various model cars) have leaned out the air/fuel ratio by 0.5 to 1 and noticed small changes.

Honestly would cost more to tune then you would ever get back by saving gas.
There are bigger gains to be had elsewhere.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I installed Bosch plugs once, after I was informed that was likely the reason my coil pack burned out (which caused misfiring, which destroyed my cat con and completely carbonated my entire exhaust system causing me many problems, problems I'm still dealing with even though this happened over a year ago), I stuck with ACDelco all the way, no problems with my replacement coil pack since. (except the carbonated exhaust system)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bet if you hooked your car upto HP Tuners and played with the cruise timing you'd notice a considerable gain with mileage. I've been tempted to unlock the Vin for my wifes G6 2.4L and see what i can do. I'm used to tuning my 3800 S/C GTP though. It's probably way different to tune on the Ecotech's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.