Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm trying to program new keys for my 2007 cobalt when I try and to the 10-10-10 method evertime I stick the key into the ignition and turn it to the run position the security light flashes it doesn't stay lit up and it doesn't go off at all and I can't get the keys to program any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would suggest finding a local locksmith. I have one here that not only makes really well cut keys, but also does the programming when needed. It was fairly inexpensive, compared to the dealership anyways. Also had them set a new ignition key cylinder and makes keys to match my boss’s original key cut on his GMC Sierra. This particular locksmith had been in business for many decades and has the better of the online reviews. So definitely look at reviews on Google or Yelp to find the best one. I also know some mechanic shops will have the scanner to code keys and lock cylinders when needed. Again going that route, read they reviews for the shops.

I assumed that it was only able to be done with a scanner though. I had tried to program a new key fob for the remote door locks on my Cobalt. It came with a installation tool as well, but didn’t work. Found out I’d have to do it with a scanner capable of doing the coding. The dealership also does this but is fairly expensive. So the locksmith is going to be a better option for me. Unless my neighboring shop can do this also. Says he’s got the software to program the control modules in the car, so maybe he’ll also be able to do the keys and key fob. Its a newer system from Snap-On I believe. Something I don’t want to spend the money on since that’s not the kind of work I do though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts