Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the early stages of my build here, but I can only work on it during the weekends and with what free cash I have. I have my 2.4 intake manifold sanded and its going to be red as well.

Injen installed

touching some things up with sandpaper and then going to buff/polish valve cover and maybe the mount too. Just barely sanded the mount with 220 grit for the first time today and it already looks much better

painting the fuse box cover red right now

installed LEDs at the feet of each front seat with a switch. Will be installing more in the back since theres no lights back there at all. Its too bright out to get some pics with the lights on for now tho.

Also painted the front trim. Am going to fill in the center area of the radio/hvac trim. Wasnt sure how I wanted to paint it so I had that taped off for now. My white face speedometer is on its way now. May go with custom bklackcats, but thats good enough for now.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks, I owe a lot of it to this forum and everyone who posts in it!

I ordered a polished red metal oil cap which should be here soon as well and hopefully look cool. If it doesnt ill just go with a plain silver/aluminum polished one.

Already got 75,000 miles over the 5 years I owned it, but sure wish I could just give her some turbo power. haha. dont have the 2 grand or more lying around anyways though.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Looks good so far.

I do want to chime in on the steering wheel cover. A wrapping kit (Where you actually lace the leather on) would be much better than the slip on cover... especially since it won't slip on you when you don't want it to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree on the steering wheel, Id like a nicer quality one. I just have this one because it had about the same blue on it. Ill prob replace it when I get a nice set of floor mats and seat covers.

I think Im going to order that cap just because its so clean and cheaper than the one I already ordered. I got one of these which was pretty damn pricey.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Id like to add a couple stainless braided hose covers, but never know whats good to buy. Would you say the sets that a place like pepboys has would be decent and fit right, or should I go through someone online? I dont want all hoses covered, just a couple really.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, I hate the tan~

I saw someone is selling black n blue ss seats and theyre close enough for me to pick up, but I dont know if the black n blue would look good with all the tan elsewhere in the interior. I love the seats and want them, but Im unsure.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Looking great!!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
lol, I hate the tan~

I saw someone is selling black n blue ss seats and theyre close enough for me to pick up, but I dont know if the black n blue would look good with all the tan elsewhere in the interior. I love the seats and want them, but Im unsure.
not trying to talk you out of the seats as they are mad sexy, but they would not match and you'd be then in it for replacing your entire interior...lol

if you had at least a black dash and center console, I'd say it wouldn't be too bad. but your entire interior is tan.

everything is looking good so far though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, as much as I wanted some nice SS seats I just couldnt come up with a way to make them match short of repainting or replacing large parts of the interior if not all of it. I have pictures of my interior that I added a stencil effect to that removes all but the outlines of the trim and such. I like to use color pencils to get an idea of what different colors would look like and I just couldnt make the seats fit easily without looking out of place.

Id like to find some nice brown n blue covers and/or floormats maybe...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Black goes good with tan...IMO. It is a nice contrast...now if you can find the rear seats in all black and the backs too...I think it'll work out.

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Were can you get them things for the engine? The part thats all chrome. Looks awesome by the way. Injen intake FTW!
Im not sure which part youre talking about, do you mean how the valve cover is polished around the red painted coil pack?
circled here in green...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.