Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have the opportunity to build up a race car/track car for the next 2 years on building it. I want to go with a 98-01 Mitsubishi Mirage 4-door and convert it to my favorite Evolution of all time, Evo V. I wont be able to go JDM or anything like that, but keep it to the style of the evo and have seen it done before, but the owner told me ten years ago, that it will cost you a total of around $10k to fully build it. I want to go with the Eclipse 97-99 GSX or Eagle Talon AWD setup and know what part of the car that will need fabrication to fit the rear axle setup. My neighbor has a 2000 Mirage that does not drive and in excellent condition and wants to sell it next month to me for $150 cause he cant stand fixing it. So for that much, I will take it!

Far as performance upgrades, I am new to the Eclipse and know some parts work, some parts break. Anyone here have experience with the 4g63 and what is best to build it besides lowering compression ratio and boring out the block? My goal is to hit just only 300hp/high 200 tq on 10-14 lbs boost and not sound like a fart cannon? I may go with a silent apexi catback to quiet it out and add a vibrant resonator along with it. Mainly just get the car to look similar to this:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah Levee just fixed is 4G63. Mine has a 4G69 and has been trouble free pretty much but I only have 416339kms on it so barely broken in.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
4g63 and u only want 300? You can get way more than that without messing with the motor much. There are a couple forums on evolutionm that have attempted this same feet, yet not as in depth with the body. Good luck and keep us posted on progress.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Ok, this is one of my specialties here lol. If you want 300whp only, you will have way more torque than high 200s lol as a proper turbo for that power range will produce a lot of torque. Now, no engine work is needed to hit that power goal. However, you made it interesting. Want to hit that power goal at 10-14psi (basically factory boost levels) and in that case you will need like a 35r or bigger turbo. Youd be better off running a mhi big 16g turbo. When pushed that can reach out and tap almost 400awhp. Get that turbo and factory Evo 7-9 injectors and call all the engine work done.

As far as the driveline, there is essentially NO difference in any of it between the years. Only differences really were the mount brackets. Make sure you get the 4bolt rear as that is the LSD rear. If youre lucky enough get the galant vr4 transfer case as that is manually adjustable for power output. Any other questions just ask.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Also one more thing. The evo 4-7 used the EXACT same engine as the eclipse/talon/lasers. Just some fyi :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.