Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so first off it has been a while since i have been online for a solid length of time. alot of garage time came into this next idea.

just like the title says. i am almost finished with the set up of projext Comaro (i know i spelled it wrong... lol please dont comment on that lol) ok so here are some ideas...

first off alot of people keep telling me it is coming along great. i am excited to hear that because i figured this could be a huuuge bust. Well due to the overwhelming stares down the road with the tester bumper on. i had an idea come to mind....

I am going to make this a kit for anyone who wants it. Heres how it works.

Included in Adams' Comaro Kit is the following:
-1 set of instructions with photos
-2 mounting brackets to secure bumper back to front end.
-Template for drilling.
-1 piece of plastic Filler. ( comes in a sheet form... not like bondo)
-Template for curved edge eyelids

The only thing i have left to do is find a way to remake the grill inserts before i can sell this kit.

My question is what would you guys be willing to pay for this kit. i have an idea in my mind... i am just curious as far as to what my pals on here would pay.

I will only show in paint drawings since the actual front bumper still needs painted and finished up overall... so heres what we have.

Removing the vert/horiz structure is the fun part.

double cutting to get the right line black line first, red line second.

a guestemate drawing!

and i should be very close to finishing it and if the demand comes i will put up some teaser photos. lol but we shall see.... and away we go!!!:nuts:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very, very, cool idea, but I don't think I would buy it.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I think people would think we are wanna be Camaro's and that just doesn't sit well with me. I also don't really like the new Camaro though.. so call me strange. :p I do like the eyelid template though.

Is the bumper going to warp by cutting it? How will this affect the security of the front bumper from staying on the car? I'd be very interested to see the finished product. G'luck man! I hope this prevails!

·
Registered
317 Posts
i would like to see the finished project, but it does look good in that picture... who cares if its not finished post up some progress pics!

·
Registered
610 Posts
i would like to see the finished project, but it does look good in that picture... who cares if its not finished post up some progress pics!
x2

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
would love to see photo's of final finish

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
ohhh now you dont care right -_-

·
Registered
277 Posts
seems like a cool idea.

IMO ylw revolution, i wouldnt post pix because u never know who is gonna rip off an idea and try to pass it on as their own.

in for the finish pix tho!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics are on the way... just a busy man during the week...

it should be as simple as i can make it... hopefully templates for everything u need to do. even laying one down for cut lines. brackets are 1/4" plates to reinforce the hold on the bumper... no warp in 26 days of upper 80's to high 60's umm anything else i forgot to touch on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.