Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they as bad as i am reading about affecting the light output and distence of the light? i think they are a nice addition to exterior styling but i dont want to risk visibility.

·
Registered
97 Posts
the lights are really dim but you can get some brighter bulbs.. i have them and my night visibility is really low. im thinking of buying some brighter bulbs, or just keeping my brights on all the time :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
get hids for liek 125 and ull practically blind ppl

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can any one recommend a HID kit?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9007 hid conversion kit will that work in the 1st gen projectors??

·
Registered
80 Posts
no, the first gen projectors use the H1 bulb, 9007 would work if you had the stock lights, I myself just use brighter bulbs, and aim the lights slightly higher than normal, I see everything, and noone has flashed me to turn my "highs" off, I just wish when i hit the high beams, the low beams would stay on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have no experience with those, but if you get them, take the time to aimthem before you decide on keeping or getting rid of them. a decent bulb and an aim, and the lights will be better than the stockers, however if you get the HID kit, it's basically making the opening bigger so the bulb will fit. they may have counted for that with the new fixtures, I dont know. My lights are not capable of taking HID's unless I make the opening bigger.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
really i seen alot of ppl with the orignal style projectors and hids installed in them. even with a H1 bulb it wont fit?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go take a look at XtraLights - 888-954-4482 Shop for HID Xenon Light Kits, Headlights, Tail & Corner Lights, LED, Mirrors and see what they offer. Thats where I bought my headlamps at. I went with the black LED Halo projector headlamp and then ordered the HID Xenon converstion kit. It cost alot of money, but my buddy installed them for me while I'm out of the country and he said that the end result is 100% better than the stock halogen bulbs, and even better than silverstar bulbs. If you have the means and the money, I'ld make that change.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i ordered a H1 hid kit and a 9007 relay hoping that the wire harness with the projectors i choose use the same stock plug that our OEM headlights use.. Does any one know if i go with projectors will i lose my highbeam? What i am trying to accomplish here is projector install with lowbeam HIDS and keep the highbeam halogen bulb. i dont want to lose my hi/low with projectors and using hids as low beam does any one know if this can be done and if so what i need? harness, wire diagram? what projector style?

·
Registered
80 Posts
With the projectors, the high and low beam are two different positive leads with a common ground between the two of them. or basically the high and low beam share their negative connection. all you would have to do is connect the relay to the low beam side, and the high will still work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what gen projectors do you have? and back to the low/high beam issue i know a friend with a set of 9007's wired to his stock head lights with a relay and when he turns on his high beams his low beam hids turn off. wouldnt the projectors work the same?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think those projectors look cool on a cobalt,I might grab a pair and just get better bulbs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm tellin' ya, if you go to the site I stated above, they carry a number of different setups for HID. Most of them are plug-and-go. They come with the ballast, converter, wire harness and bulbs. All you have to do is mount the ballast in an out of the way place, and plug the wire harness into the existing bulb plug. They carry setups to include low beam only, high beam only, or what I have, the low-hi beam combo. I'm speaking from experiance, this company is great with it's customers, and I highly recommend them. I use them for all my lighting needs. XtraLights - 888-954-4482 Shop for HID Xenon Light Kits, Headlights, Tail & Corner Lights, LED, Mirrors. Check 'em out!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
but what i am saying is projectors only have low beam in them correct? i sent an ebay seller of the 3rd gen and he said i lose my high beam with them it would only have low beam.

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine are the 2nd gen projectors and they where plug and play. i still have the high beam and low beam just like normal but the bulbs are different. the projectors are the low beam and the ones in the reflector are the highs. but i really don't about the 3rd gen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh, I don't know about 3rd gen. Mine are plug and play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.