Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Many people use these and many are pleased with them. They're nearly a must, but there are those that were un-happy. Supposedly it will add a bit of a rattle to the whole car while it's idleing, but I believe that goes away some what as the mount inserts are broken in. I personally will deffinately be getting these when I have my finacial security worked out...

Yes they are a sponsor here, if you check out the venders section I'm sure you'll find a link to their site...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for the info... any other feedback would be appreciated... also any info on install process would be great... thnx

·
Registered
257 Posts
these are the simplest most effective mod you will ever do...I highly recommend them...FRONT AND REAR!!... I have yet to regret mine...BTW, go to turbotech racing and get them there...ebay FTL

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so there are two motor mounts front and rear... what about tranny? or is that... i dunno. how many do i need?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wanna say 3 but not sure about the driver side UPPER mount that is under the fuse box...the ones in the pics are of my tranny mounts...one in front and one in da back. It looks like the MOTOR mount under the fuse box is the same size but not sure since i stopped moding my car. but the tranny mounts + turbo tech racing's solid billet engine mount= SEX

·
Registered
673 Posts
I agree with Alpha, this is without a doubt the best mod you can do for your cobalt. Not only does it help with launching, it tightens up the shifts, and adds some security by keeping your engine tight thus helping stop wheel hop. It's a must have IMO and they are cheap.

Get two, that's all you need really.

Just a warning you will get some vibration, it settle down some after a few hundred miles but may never fully go away. They are a small price to pay though for the up side to these.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how many do i need for the engine and how many for the tranny... any info on easy or dificulty of install is god to what will be needed and time frame for the swap. thnxagain

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i guess those are not for auto tranny applications... so i guess cause mine is an auto i am SOL hugh?...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nope...they have some for auto tranny as well....little more expensive but worth the money....you need in total 4 mounts...2 for the tranny, 1 for the driver side engine mount and the solid billet aluminum engine mount from turbotechracing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ea but you can just to the tranny mounts you dont have to do the engine mounts with it also...its njust alot better if u can do them all at the same time...but you can do it progressibely like tranny then get more cahs then do engine

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ea but you can just to the tranny mounts you dont have to do the engine mounts with it also...its njust alot better if u can do them all at the same time...but you can do it progressibely like tranny then get more cahs then do engine
there isnt one for the tranny application... so just engine

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fits ALL 2005-08 2.0L Supercharged Cobalts.

Fits ALL 2005-08 2.2/2.4L 5-Speed Cobalts.*
Dont see motor mounts for the 5 speed.

Meant only see mounts for the 5 speed sorry. Dont see any motor mounts for the auto, anyone know if their the same? i took a look today the upper Motor mount looks the same and i took a look at the tranny ones as well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe the tranny mounts are the same for the driver side mount under the fuse box.

5 Speed Mounts

The solid engine mount on the passenger side is for 5 speed only though.

you guys should also check out Bwoody mounts...those things are pretty cool too

·
Registered
41 Posts
at turbo tech racing yea there is one for the tranny....well for 2.2 manual and 2.4 manual and auto...hence the name transmission mounts lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.