Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ... got my cobalt about a month ago, and ran across the sight so thought i'd post some pics of my new ride. So far, so good with the exception of the moon roof which had rattled since day one, been in the shop about 6 times, now awaiting a whole new assembly they are going to replace. Been a chevy/GM owner since i started driving, so i'm confident they'll get it fixed! Anyway, here's some pics ... 09' LT with sport appearance package, leather, roof and 17" wheels. Can anyone tell me how to keep the wheels clean and get out some of the haze or swirls? Thanks!:bigsmile:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Welcome to YC!!! nice balt :)

to keep your rims clean just clean them when you wash it or most people like purple power if they are really dirty. and any type of polish would probably work

·
Registered
294 Posts
Welcome to YC!!! nice balt :)

to keep your rims clean just clean them when you wash it or most people like purple power if they are really dirty. and any type of polish would probably work
X2 ^^ and welcome to YC. i'm a hardcore chevy gm fan too. but i wanted a nice hatchback after my balt was totalled so i went foreign and got a mazdaspeed 3. but still love chevy's and gm.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The stock brake pads create a LOT of dust. One way to reduce the dust is to get ceramic brake pads...not too expensive and you won't need to clean the wheels until you have to wash the car. Looks like you have the sport appearance package (can't tell by the pictues what year your Cobalt is). If you have 4 wheel disc brakes you can get the GM performance ceramic brake pads too...check with crateenginedepot.com for those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tips ... so far, they are staying pretty clean, never had these polished aluminum wheels before, and i'm crazy about keeping the car clean. i bought it used and there are some swirls and some of that kind of white haze so i wondered if there is anything i can polish them with to get rid of some of that ... does that wheel ball thing you put on your drill work? anyone used it? thanks for all the welcomes!
Don't plan on too many mods, more of a factory guy here ... was going to get the factory OEM chrome grill until i found out you had to do some cutting?? i'm not quite that talented when it comes to that kind of stuff, sounded scary, so probably leave it as is!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
thanks for the tips ... so far, they are staying pretty clean, never had these polished aluminum wheels before, and i'm crazy about keeping the car clean. i bought it used and there are some swirls and some of that kind of white haze so i wondered if there is anything i can polish them with to get rid of some of that ... does that wheel ball thing you put on your drill work? anyone used it? thanks for all the welcomes!
Don't plan on too many mods, more of a factory guy here ... was going to get the factory OEM chrome grill until i found out you had to do some cutting?? i'm not quite that talented when it comes to that kind of stuff, sounded scary, so probably leave it as is!
Be careful with the aluminum wheels. I believe they have a clear coat on them. If you buff them with an aluminum polish you might make them worse. Try some wax on them after cleaning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I clicked on your thread while my favorite radio station cued up some Stevie Ray Vaughn:

"She's my sweet little thing"
"She's my pride and joy"

Ahem. It is only a material thing, but it's hard not to love a Cobalt. I bought a sport red 2009 sedan with a manual transmission. That twist beam axle makes for a fun ride. I am here to shop for new lightweight wheels for my summer tires. The steel wheels will be for my snow tires.

Greetings from another "Buckeye". I went to Youngstown, myself. Grew up riding my bike past the gates of the factory...in Lordstown.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.