• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about joining the times here and getting myself one for a Christmas/bday gift to myself.

I currently have a PS2 and don't really play that much.

Give me your honest opinions on both platforms. Pros, cons, etc...

I will also tell you this, I do not care for the "Blueray" feature...I download all my movies so that is really of no appeal to me.

k thx

·
Registered
143 Posts
Xbox but only if you want to cough-up 50 bucks for an amazing online experience.

PS3 if you want to watch blu-rays and the such also online is free though not nearly as good.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
PS3 rocks! Free online is awesome! Not much experience with xbox but I won't be giving up my PS3 anytime soon!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The same here. I love the PS3.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

xbox's online expirience is alot nicer than ps3
50 bucks for a year isnt really bad at all.
the only thing nice about ps3 is blu-ray
If you want all the extra stuff.
If you just play online and download a game demo one in awhile it's not worth paying for.

We have demos on PS3 also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always been a PS Player,

plus i didn't want the problems like the Red Ring, and Ive helped numerous people ship Xboxes for repairs because the video or sound or hard drive went.

·
Registered
298 Posts
honestly dude i went through 2 xbox's in one year and i said eff it and got a ps3. had it 2 years and no problems at all. best choice i made. what i didnt get is i hardly played my xbox and both them broke. and as far as internet play goes i have not noticed a difference inbetween xbox and ps3. with ps3 i never got kicked or anything and on top of it its free. also ps3 has a internet web browser on it so it literally acts like a second computer. and if its up to me, if im paying that much money i dont want it to break and have to buy a new one. xbox had 2 chances and it screwed me both times

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Xbox but only if you want to cough-up 50 bucks for an amazing online experience.

PS3 if you want to watch blu-rays and the such also online is free though not nearly as good.
It becomes $60 a month i think in nov or dec.
I have both but I prefer the ps3 over 360. The exclusives are better on ps3.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You're garbage, Halo started and made what online gaming is today.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
halo's only good for online... meaning u have to pay for xbl to play it online..

god of war series > * metal gear solid is also awesome...

ps3 is my choice.. blue ray is ridiculous good.. blue ray movies are aswesome..

free online is awesome too. idc wut anyone says about the online experience being better.. i turn on the system and i play my game online.. wtf else do i need? on top of that it's free.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
got a 360, going strong, love it. 50 bucks a year for xbl is nothing and worth every penny not to mention you can play with your friends haha, only say that because everyone I know has a 360. Not a fanboi of either, I well probably get a ps3 eventually but only for a couple games. I play my xbox everyday just about too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
One word, Halo. End Thread.
Halo is the most overrated shooter of all time. What's the big deal about it? I don't play games anymore but PS3>Xbox. I used to have 360 years ago and got the ring of death after just a few months of owning it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

You're garbage, Halo started and made what online gaming is today.
Nah, I disagree.

The Socom series paved the way for online console shooters. Probably online gaming in general. One of the first to use a headset to communicate with your team on single player and online. This game was my drug back in high school. Classic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Halo is the most overrated shooter of all time. What's the big deal about it? I don't play games anymore but PS3>Xbox. I used to have 360 years ago and got the ring of death after just a few months of owning it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Nah, I disagree.

The Socom series paved the way for online console shooters. Probably online gaming in general. One of the first to use a headset to communicate with your team on single player and online. This game was my drug back in high school. Classic.
I think your forgetting Rainbow 6 Vegas son.

Halo paved the way for the FPS on consoles because they'd dumbed down the controls and making aiming easier.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.