Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so a couple weeks ago i go to clean out the car and the floor on the passenger side in the front is soaking wet. i think its just a spilled water bottle or something, so i kick myself but grab a towel and clean it up. it ends up taking 3 towels. it dries, no big deal. Two days ago i go to get in to drive, and my foot sinks down into 3 inches of water in the driver side. i look everywhere and cant find where it could be coming from. the passenger side was dry at this point. i wake up the next morning and go to drive, and the passenger side floor is wet now too. anybody have any ideas of what could be causing this? could it be a problem that would be fixed under warranty? its a 08 coupe w/ only 30k miles on it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was it raining? Your cabin filter could have been loose maybe..
the cabin filter is in the passenger side right? if so it doesn't make sense that the driver side was soaked but not the passenger side. i'll check that out though

and mike yeah i have the sunroof but there's no water anywhere around the headliner. could it have run down w/o me noticing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is it your heater core? The fluid on the passenger seat floor is a good sign, do you have heat? If your car is not putting out hot heat, its your heater core.

But I have no clue where it is on a cobalt let me go see. brb.

Heater core looks lilke it sists on the firewall more on the passenger side but in the middle.

Check your heat.

·
Registered
992 Posts
the cabin filter is in the passenger side right? if so it doesn't make sense that the driver side was soaked but not the passenger side. i'll check that out though

and mike yeah i have the sunroof but there's no water anywhere around the headliner. could it have run down w/o me noticing?
yeah i had that issue, water ran down my A pillar from my sunroof

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts

oh my bad i though you said your passenger side was wet. The sunroof thing makes the most sense.. especially if others have had the same issue due to their sunroofs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't know if this would help you or not . i own 2 grandams 2004 . we did have a 01 till it got wrecked . any way , we had a problem with water in the passenger feet area . i also had trouble with the car doing nutty things when it rained , well to make the story short . water was running into the heater fan area . it soaked the car's main computer . when the computer got wet , it would do strange things . one day i was talking to a friend of mine at the pontiac dealership who works on gm cars . he said check the seal under the windshied wiper cover . this seal was right above the heater fan area toward the top of the hole . he said check to see if it still glued down good . well it was not , it was loose . so i dried out the computer , reglued the seal , and the problems went away . i don't know if colbalt has a similar seal in that area or not ...

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Is it your heater core? The fluid on the passenger seat floor is a good sign, do you have heat? If your car is not putting out hot heat, its your heater core.

But I have no clue where it is on a cobalt let me go see. brb.

Heater core looks lilke it sists on the firewall more on the passenger side but in the middle.

Check your heat.
I completely agree. I have seen this happen to a 2.2L before. But, it was in a Saturn. Shouldn't matter though. Like he said, check your heat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
this happened in my 2000 chevy blazer, it turned out the a/c condensation drain had gotten backed up and was actually draining into the passenger side of my car. not sure if the cobalt can do that too or not

whatever the problem is, be sure to let us know when you find out. my curiosity is eating me away

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2000 Merc Sable before I got rid of it. In my case, it was a defective cowel. If it only happens when it's raining, get the cowel checked.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have a similar problem i have a 06 and my back quarter windows leak .if i back in they don't leak if i pull in the drive way they leak, it stated on the passenger side and now the drivers side, i do have a sunroof . any help? thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have a similar problem i have a 06 and my back quarter windows leak .if i back in they don't leak if i pull in the drive way they leak, it stated on the passenger side and now the drivers side, i do have a sunroof . any help? thanks
Yea you need to reset your quarter glass, wait until it gets real nice outside, park your car with that window in the direct sun for a few hours, then push it onto your car as hard as you can. This can work sometimes depends on the adhesive used. Also if you ever crashed the car and got hit there, they could have fouled up reinstalling your glass

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright so i decided its gotta be the sun roof. its ben raining non-stop for two days here now and when i went out to the car this morning the headliner was dripping from the sunroof switch as well as having two more inches of water on the driver side footwell. so tonight i'm dropping it off at the dealership. this should be covered under warranty right? it's an 08 w/ under 30k

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got the car back from the dealership today. All new carpet and jute under warranty. Turns out the right sunroof drain was clogged and that caused all the flooding.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ha yeah you were right mike. i'm just glad i didnt have to fight them about the warranty. they took care of it no problem. i didnt even mention the warranty they just covered it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.