Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the picture of it

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DC-Sport strut bar actually. I was doing 45 on the ramp for the highway,it sure does help out on the turns.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I heard they have been on back order only until May though,got this off a buddy of mine actually.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Check Ebay frequently guys.. I got the same exact one for $70

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well all states are different on speed limits for highways,for the ramp to get on and off is 25 and 30,I was doing 45 on the turn to get on the highway and from what I can feel things stiff up on turns,instead of feeling like oh man I am about to roll the vehicle at a certain speed.I never heard of ARK strut bar but I am sure it will have the same effect as the DC sport,it makes you feel safer that is all on turns on certain speed which is about 45 or 50 you will notice it mostly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I found them on Andy's Auto or something. It was in a Sport Compact Mag and I called them up the other day to see what exhaust they offered for the '07 LS and I asked them about the strut bar and they have some DC Sport in stock.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So they really make a difference huh?
I figured they were like adding some decals to get 10 more hp. Just a bar attached to the top of the struts.

What is the change that you are seeing?

The change is that the car will have less body roll. When you turn to the right the car wont lean to the right as much. same thing for the left. Just add a set of Eibachs and the 22mm Rear Progress Antisway Bar and you will have superior handling

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it is worth having on the car,specially I am going to get a sway bar later on as well

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea. They definitally make a difference. Some people dont believe that they do but when i installed mine and took a few windy roads i noticed the difference. The steering semmed tighter and the car hugged the turns better. It eliminated most body roll too. You gotta figure they must serve a purpose if some cars come with them on there stock.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is my first time having a strut bar put on,I do enjoy it quite a bit. I am gonna get the sway bar to and lower my cobalt a little not to much though,some of the turns in Illinois can be sharp depending on the area.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered a DC Strut bar back in April, no back order problems. Got it from Racinglab.com. Took maybe 3 weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i've read alot of good things about come from installing a strut bar, but i've never seen anyone say anything negitive, are there any cons you didn't like about it?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think anyone should give a strut bar a 1 out of 10 seriously,that is if the person loves the feel of rolling over

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.