Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i have decided to put fog lights on my 07 LT i bought the grill inserts and a set of fogs, however the ones that were sent to me were the wrong size,

i heard different things on the part number

can you guys tell me that part number that you have on your Fogs, also if they are in the inserts (lt) or on factory ss bumper

because someone told me there are two different ones, one for lt inserts and another for ss bumper

the company will refund me and replace the fogs but need the info
thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Pretty sure there is only one listed. 15162675 or 2592149 same lamp assembly different part number. It snaps in from the back. Number 5 in drawing.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

And according to this they are all the same

Notes
Year __Make___Model Trim Engine
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt_ All ___All

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ordered replacements and the part says gm2592149 however it does not fit the fog light inserts i bought from carid.com

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They don't go into the inserts. They go behind the bumper.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'll try and find a better blow-out picture for you tomorrow. I have the sport bumper and they just snap in the back. Your bumper might be different though.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Here is a slightly better drawing and it appears to be the same fog lamp but maybe the new one comes with the adaptor ring which you might not need if your car bumper already has it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

looked up the items and the numbers seem to match to what should be needed, grill fits perfect, however there is no way for the light to fit into (click in) the grill because the rounded bulb is the same size as the opening (2nd pic)

also (the fog light packaging )

and the grill insert is gm1038102 bought at carid.com

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The light goes behind the bumper. You will need to pullback or remove fender liners to access this area. Grille insert is just that, it's just a cover and bezel for the light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everyone is telling me that the fog lights clips into the insert because the4re is nothing for it to attach to behind the bumper ( I know that the grill goes on and then fog light goes in behind the bumper but was told that at this point it clips into the insert)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Told by who? I'm all out of drawings buddy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what does the fog light itself get secured to then? if it does not snap in place behind the bumper to the fog light insert

also what is #8 in your pic
#5 looks like the adjustment for the light

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It snaps in the back of the bumper as far as I can see. Maybe somebody with the same bumper as you can chime in.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There are two bumpers that take grille inserts. One has mounting holes for the fog light assemblies to snap into. The other does not. The bumper has to be formed for them. The lights don't attach to the grilles

My car is an 05 LS. It had the bumper with the 3 lower remove able grilles.
Unfortunately, mine wasn't molded to accept fog lamps. It was just a huge hole behind the grille.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are two bumpers that take grille inserts. One has mounting holes for the fog light assemblies to snap into. The other does not. The bumper has to be formed for them. The lights don't attach to the grilles

My car is an 05 LS. It had the bumper with the 3 lower remove able grilles.
Unfortunately, mine wasn't molded to accept fog lamps. It was just a huge hole behind the grille.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
thanks i had a feeling that i wasn't crazy, turns out i found both lt bumpers and mine is the one without fogs so now what my options? buy a new bumper if i want to put fog lights?

·
Registered
589 Posts
yeah, you could buy an SS bumper(either 2.4 or 2.0). IMO, they don't look right on a car unless the side skirts are added and rear bumper is changed over to SS though. RK sport makes a body kit you could buy a rear lip and side skirts to blend the lowered SS bumper into the rest of the body styling. you'd need to get the pieces painted though. you could, of course, buy side skirts and an SS rear bumper. Things are going to get expensive real quick though.

you could buy the LT bumper with the fog openings.

you could somehow fabricate some kind of bracket to hold the fog assemblies behind the bezels where they should sit.

Ive seen where some members have added them in the center grille area.

I ended up buying a 2.4 SS front bumper, side skirts and a 2.0 rear bumper. i guess it just depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of look you are after.

Check here: http://car-part.com You may get lucky and find what you need in the right color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.