Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a couple questions , how does one remove the door panels and the back felt stuff behind the seats to get the rear ones in?

second is there anyway to make the speakers show, or do they have to stay behind that guard in the front and under the felt in the back?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) check it out

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior/7869-rear-deck-removal-coupes.html

as for the door panel

How To Remove Car Door Panels On A 2007 Chevy Cobalt

making them show involves a bit of custom work though...
great thanks man, custom work, how much are we talking?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

:) check it out

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior/7869-rear-deck-removal-coupes.html

as for the door panel

How To Remove Car Door Panels On A 2007 Chevy Cobalt

making them show involves a bit of custom work though...
also, question... I have manual windows, do I have to remove the crank first, and how so if I have too?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
You have to remove the crank. It's easier if you have a removal tool. But I use a paper clip or a pick. On the base of the crank away from the handle is a little slit. It's hard to see unless you really look. There is a metal clip in there holding it on. Get something in that little slit and pull the metal clip out. It's kinda hard to do, but with a little patience youll get it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

With a paper clip use pair of pliers to make a small hook on the end of the paper clip.. very small hook. Use the hook to grab the metal clip and then pull

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
922 Posts
I bought the tool.... way eaiser

·
Registered
340 Posts
Also, if you don't want to buy crank tool, take a used wash rag (cloth) and pull it up between crank & door panel. Make sure crank handle is pointing "knob-down" and then keep tugging and wiggling up on rag to pull wire clips out. This is my "old school" window crank removal tool...works every time.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Those power conversion parts have been sitting in my basement since fall, too cold.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
This worked good for me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.