Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I got some HIDs installed on my car (6000K...love 'em! They look GREAT!). I'm sure everyone knows that in the dark when you unlock the cobalt with the remote lock, the headlights turn on automatically until you open the door. A friend at work said theres a way to disable that apparently, because apparently having that happen isn't the greatest thing for you ballasts.

Just wondering, anyone know of this? Or possibly how I would go about in doing that? :amuse:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hold down both DIC buttons simultaneously with the car set to on (But engine off). The personalization menu will pop up. Just page through that, and make your settings.

Its covered in the manual.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
take out your DLR lights fuse under the hood it saves the warrenty on the bulbs if you dont take it out u lose you warrenty

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hold down both DIC buttons simultaneously with the car set to on (But engine off). The personalization menu will pop up. Just page through that, and make your settings.

Its covered in the manual.
Awesome, thanks man. I'll give that a try today.

Here's a picture of them during the day in case anyone's curious. I'm sure you all know how great they look at night.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome, thanks man. I'll give that a try today.

Here's a picture of them during the day in case anyone's curious. I'm sure you all know how great they look at night.

Make sure you aim accordingly. I aimed them just a little lower to compensate for glare.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i have 12000k but u need to remove that dlr fuse
drl.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Make sure you aim accordingly. I aimed them just a little lower to compensate for glare.
This. That being said, I always reccommend retrofitting the OEM housings for HID projectors, or at the very least, getting aftermarket housings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
drl.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

This. That being said, I always reccommend retrofitting the OEM housings for HID projectors, or at the very least, getting aftermarket housings.
This. I plan on getting the projectors but with so many other projects going on they take a back seat to other things

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
is that the Daytime Running Lights fuse your talking about? Out of curiosity, why would that affect the warranty?

·
Registered
104 Posts
is that the Daytime Running Lights fuse your talking about? Out of curiosity, why would that affect the warranty?
I believe only 07+ Cobalts have DRL fuse and pre 07 are just hardwired in. Hes talking about the warranty for the HID bulbs not the car

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You need to remove the DRL fuse as it will ruin the ballasts pre-maturely. We carry retrofits and also Plug-n-play retrofits for the do it yourselfers. We will also be carrying projectors with HID kits pre-wired and installed :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
You need to remove the DRL fuse as it will ruin the ballasts pre-maturely. We carry retrofits and also Plug-n-play retrofits for the do it yourselfers. We will also be carrying projectors with HID kits pre-wired and installed :)
Do your kits come with plug and play bashing and flaming?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I believe only 07+ Cobalts have DRL fuse and pre 07 are just hardwired in. Hes talking about the warranty for the HID bulbs not the car
That is correct. The 05-06 Cobalt/Pursuit/G4 used the high output circuit on the DRL function. The 07+ Cobalt/G5 uses the headlights.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is correct. The 05-06 Cobalt/Pursuit/G4 used the high output circuit on the DRL function. The 07+ Cobalt/G5 uses the headlights.
YES! TOPSNAKE FTMFW! haha finally i got something right lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.