Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I install factory 41-103 ac delco spark plugs right out of the box without gapping them to specs will it cause misfire or loss of engine performance?

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
Yeah, they're like a dollar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure you don't mess with the gap on Iridium plugs - lot's of OE's are going to those and the plug can get damaged if your not careful

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just put in those E3 diamond fire spark plugs. so far they're not too bad. i don't think i can gap those ones and from what i hear they're pretty good.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Most plugs today come pregapped to OEM specifications. That is if you get good plugs and not the advertised cheapo 99 cent special at Autozone. I would stick with NGK V-power, Denso, or E3's. I have had so many Bosch's and cheapos blow out so quickly. You do not need Iridiums unless you are seriously boosting or the 1 step cold's. V-Power's are decent and great for n/a-slightly modded vechicles for better combustion and fuel efficiency.

BTW Kovault, where did you get your USAF stuff like that done? Im in the USAF Reserves and thats pretty cool. Im a SSgt/E-5 in a TSgt slot til promotion end of this year and Security Forces out at Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC.

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
That's what comes from the factory in the cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.