Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup! new to the forum. Has anyone had this installed in their 2.2s? I'm thinking of getting one but I heard that installing the front sway bar is tedious. I need to lower the sub frame or something like that. appreciate any info can provide me thanks!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
shouldn't have to lower the subframe. for your car all you would most likely have to do is jack the car, unbolt it on both sides, and slide it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The word around the forums is you will need to take apart the front subframe to remove the old and install the new one. I heard it's like a 6 hour install just for the front. The back should be like 10 minutes though...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The word around the forums is you will need to take apart the front subframe to remove the old and install the new one. I heard it's like a 6 hour install just for the front. The back should be like 10 minutes though...
for the front sway bar, it should be only about 2 hours, you need to drop both wheels, unbolt it from the shocks, then it unbolts from the subframe via 4 bolts, i believe. then it just slides out. no need to remove the subframe for the task.

All info i learned when i did the clutch on my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.