Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed a outline of where the bowtie was on the trunk after they took it off.
I took mine off toady and after getting all the glue off. The paint under the bowtie is darker then the rest. of the trunk.
Is the paint faded this much or does this just need be buffed out to match.
If so what steps are and products need to do it.
I didn't think it would fade that quick the car was only built 9-2009

I tried to get a pic of but it don't show up.

What I might do if i can't buff it out is get another smaller badge from another model and paint it black and put it in the middle so it's not noticeable.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
If you have an orbital buffer, you can try that. Just pick up some 3M polishing compound (pro series) Great stuff!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I waxed mine twice and it was bye bye!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got done buffing it with some finish 2001 polish that i had.
I was able to get of most it. It's not notiable unless you look real close now.
So i'll just let it go for now because it looks a lot better then the badge being on.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Here is a pic i got of it today.
You can hardly even notice it now that i buffed it. So i'm not going to worry about trying to cover it.

Also here is a pic of my just painetd front bowtie.

·
Registered
489 Posts
^ Looks good! I bet no one will even notice the slight outline, you just notice cuz you KNOW its there :toung:
Hahaha have to agree!!!! It all looks awesome!!! I like how its only Cobalt on the hatch. I have mine debadged but really like that!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.