Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a couple of extra valve covers for the 2.2, i plan on polishing (media blast then professional polish job) and then selling them. question i have for you guys would be what you thought of the pricing, this is what i am estimating:

$165, purchase outright shipped anywhere continental US

$165, with $50 core refund when i recieve a GOOD CONDITION valve cover back. so it ends up being $115 shipped anywhere continental US

$115, ship your unit to me, 5-7 day turn around time (takes a few days to get it blasted) and your unit shipped back

These prices would be everything external polished, except the area underneath the spark plug cover (the black plastic cover)

i know most people (myself included) couldn't go without a valve cover since the cobalt is my daily driver, and that's why i went ahead and purchased these extra valve covers.

let me know what you guys think and if you would be interested after i get one completed. that way i could give you all preference before they were put up on ebay for sell. if i can get soem people to do core exchanges, more members here could end up wiith some extra bling, without going without their car being down

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i think those are very fair prices....i would do it but i already polished mine

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you guys think it's a fair price though? i don't expect to sell them immediately, probably take a few weeks/month or so. but once they're polished i can just sit them on the shelf until someone wants one.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea and definitally post pics so they know what there getting and how clean it looks

·
Registered
450 Posts
not a bad price at all i have a guy about to do mine for a hundred flat out though in town. the only problem is i have to go without my car for 4 days

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
not a bad price at all i have a guy about to do mine for a hundred flat out though in town. the only problem is i have to go without my car for 4 days
sounds about on par with mine then, i was estimating 9-10 hours work, plus $15 shipping

if you hold off on that other guy, once i get my two in, i can post up examples of exactly what they will look like before you spend any money. plus you won't have to go without a car, if you decide you like my work

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah that should go really good i bet once you have a few done and get some pictures up you will sell em really quick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.