Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the thread size for the 06 lt cobalt? I'd like to change it and the guy I was going to be buying from needs to know and it's not in the car manual (but I could have missed it)....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
there are no threads on the 5 spd cobalt shift knobs. there is a lock at the top of the boot. feel the top of the boot, you will feel a plastic washer. twist it about a quarter turn counter clockwise, and you will feel it unlock. push the boot down, then pull straight up on the knob. it will pop off. to put an aftermarket knob on the stock shaft you have to modify a little. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
ok, so what i did was drilled two small holes in the stock ring. marked the two holes where the boot ring meets the new knob. then pre drilled the stock shaft, one size smaller than the screws i used. pushed the boot down, and taped off the top before pre drilling. drove the screws in, and screwed the new base onto the knob. sounds ghetto, but it worked, and i havent had a problem with it coming loose at all. even after TONS of hard shifts.and this is how it turned out...javascript:// well link doesnt work, but its on my car domain on the second page. same user name...... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2773499/2 k, theres a link to the right page.(sorry to all about the pic above.:laugh:)
and ive always planned on putting in a short throw, and new boot. so i wasnt afraid to mess it up. just hasnt been at the top of the list.
after hearing my ghetto rig, if you want to do it pm me with any questions. or anyone else for that matter.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love them! Especially tarantulas. Haha. But I think if I go to this guys website I can customize it, so it glows blue instead of green. It was just an idea for me though. Haven't seen a shift knob like that before. LOL! I love it! I think it would be totally me!:laugh::toung:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I love them! Especially tarantulas. Haha. But I think if I go to this guys website I can customize it, so it glows blue instead of green. It was just an idea for me though. Haven't seen a shift knob like that before. LOL! I love it! I think it would be totally me!:laugh::toung:
not my style, but if its yours hell ya!
my gf's...friends... husband has a rose tarantula, and it creeps me out every time we go over there.:laugh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure I put a pic of my striped knee tarantula in the 09 photo thread. He was awesome. He died though. I am planning on getting another one. My mom is totally afraid of them and freaks out if she even comes near a spider not even 1mm in size, but me, I think they're amazing creatures. LOL! But that's just me!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I'm pretty sure I put a pic of my striped knee tarantula in the 09 photo thread. He was awesome. He died though. I am planning on getting another one. My mom is totally afraid of them and freaks out if she even comes near a spider not even 1mm in size, but me, I think they're amazing creatures. LOL! But that's just me!
yeah ill admit they are amazing creatures, but they are to ugly, fast, and possibly painful for my liking. plus watching them move...eeewwwwww!:laugh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, they can be fast, but a lot of them are docile and won't be aggressive unless you give them a reason. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.