Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gathering up a cart with some suspension upgrades and not sure which part # is needed. i am putting them on a 2007 coupe LT and heres what im ordering as of tonight. Need some input and some feedback on whether or not this is a good daily driver with some stance setup. :) if any other suggestions would appreciate it. Also Going with some 17x8 wheels. Not sure on tires ect yet though. Thanks!

FE5 front struts and rear shocks.

Front passenger
Amazon.com: ACDelco 506-684 GM Original Equipment Front Passenger Side Suspension Strut Kit: Automotive

Front Driver
Amazon.com: ACDelco 506-683 GM Original Equipment Front Driver Side Suspension Strut Kit: Automotive

Rear Shocks (some reason saying they dont fit chevy cobalt? are these the right shocks for FE5?)
Amazon.com: ACDelco 560-582 GM Original Equipment Rear Shock Absorber: Automotive

B&G Springs. (are these the right springs?)
B&G Suspension 12.1.010 Systems S2 Sport Vehicle Lowering Spring. Autoplicity.com | Discount Performance and OEM Auto Parts, 100% In Stock

Moog end links (not sure which ones that are needed for this setup)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You'll want the shorter endlinks, otherwise looks good, just keep in mind you will be quite low and even speed bumps can become an issue, it'll suck if you see snow in the winter as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i figured the snow would suck :p im waiting until spring to install all these parts for this year. ill eventually have this car tucked away and have a winter beater. But awesome thanks for the quick answer :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm. alright. thanks cesar and andrew for the help youve been giving. yeah if anyone knows for sure what all is needed for this setup, please any info would be greatly appreciated. Not in any rush to get this stuff seeing as im installing all in a few months anyways

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
xxx2^^^^

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

unless andrew wants to argue the whats a better setup debate between koni and tc fe5 struts/shocks. lol jk

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Koni's are better, simple as it is.

Some people on really low springs run into problems with the longer endlinks, I'm on YYZ springs and regret not going with FE5 ones with how close they are to my control arms, many switch to the FE5 endlinks when going lower as it just rotated the swaybar into about the stock location when lowered. They fit no problem and you don't have to switch the swaybar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so there is no need for the sway bar. Just go with fe5 struts, b&g springs, and moog sway links. will this affect anything with the tie rods? or no

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dumb question but if I order the struts I have to get the springs too right ? My fe1 springs won't fit right ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, your fe1 springs will fit, it just won't lower you much at all. It would probably lower you at the very most 1 inch. But if you are replacing the struts you may as well get new springs so you only have to take the shocks and struts off once instead of doing it all over again if you get new springs.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
No no no no no....

Struts and shocks between every model are exactly the same dimensions just valved different so it wouldn't lower it at all. The springs are different and the 08-10 FE5 ones are great if you want much better handling and it will lower it a little but not much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.