Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front passenger side speaker only works sometimes. It doesn't cut in and out when I'm driving, but it'll work for a few days then cut out for a few days. This has been consistent for at least a month, so it's getting pretty annoying. I've pulled the panel off the door and checked the speaker itself, and pulled out the radio and checked the back connections. I noticed there was a wire that looked different from the rest. It was blue and shiny. So naturally I took a look and it's a wire that's covered with foil (silver on the inside and blue on the outside) but it doesn't connect anywhere. I'm not a pro at this, and I don't know what that wire is, but I wrapped the foil back around it and taped it up with some electrical tape to make sure it's sealed.

I have a picture but I can't post it right now because I'm on Mobile.

Does anyone know what the hell that is? What it does? I've searched all over the internet and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd have to look at schematic for this wire, but pretty certain your stock/crap speakers have played-out their life cycle. What year is your car? I just swapped my daughter's front speakers this weekend and you could see daylight through the cones...pure junk. Now she's rock'n to her pop music once again. Next is the stereo...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Is that blue wire in the door or behind the radio? That would help immensely on helping you out with that. And if your speakers are cutting in and out, they are bad, time to replace. Stock speakers go bad VERY easily. Your best bet is just to buy a set of aftermarket speakers and toss them in there and call it a day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2010 cobalt. Just got some pioneers for the front two doors, not the back ones at the moment. The blue foiled wire is behind the stereo.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The blue foiled wire is more than likely for the factory subwoofer amp remote. That's usually what that color is on the factory wiring harness. And since you don't have the factory pioneer upgraded stereo, that wire wouldn't be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.