Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am planning to do a NA build and wanted to know if i should add anything to the list (i know there are a few things). So i want to do a cold air intake, i have a 2.2 engine and plan to put a 2.4 IM and TB on there, header-back exhaust system, upgrade cam and crank, take out the balance bars (i was told by my mechanic who also races it will give an extra 10-15HP). i know there are a few things more that i should do but im newer to the modding cars scene so i thought it would be a good idea to come to you guys. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Uhh...leave the half-shafts in. And there is no reason to change out the crank - it is good till about 600 HP due to the massive bedplate.

Basically - if you're sticking to an NA build, you'll have no reason to replace internals. It won't ever make enough power to need forged parts.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
You can go for an LSJ TB (from the Cobalt SS Supercharged). It'll be able to flow a little more air through it than the 2.4 TB. You will need an adapter plate and harness to properly mount it (ZZP sells both).

What year is your car? They do make cams for these cars, but they are year specific. Like MP said, you don't need to undertake any internal work to maximize your bolt-on NA build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.