Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it looks like I wont have a cat. converter on the downpipe the way it seems from cobalt addiction since I am going to get the CA stainless steel headers v2 that comes with a downpipe unless it magicly has one already,now since the engine light will go on because of this situation,is there some sort of chip to trick the computer to think that there is a catalytic converter?So I can pass the bullshit edmissions later down the road

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nope you can't. The computer has specific intrusive tests it runs on the emissions system in the event of a believed cat failure. The typical simulator cant trick the computer when it runs one of the intrusive tests because the simulator is just not capable of generating the results the computer is looking for. Best bet is to save your stock stuff and change them out when you need to or have a shop cut your new down pipe and install an aftermarket cat.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm,well the guy on friday is suppose to call me I am sure he can figure out something,with the downpipe and a aftermarket cat

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I could do that then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.