Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all yes I searched. Did not get any real clear answers. My fiancée cobalt is a black 4 door LS. I found a black 4 door LT with power options that hit a deer. I was planning on swapping the entire doors from the lt to the LS. My question is how do the power windows and locks work? I'm guess it has something with the bcm? I'm really not sure. What wiring will have to be swapped to make it all like factory? And if bcm is swapped how does that work cause I thought bcm's were vin specific? Does that mean there will new to be a reprogram if that's how it all even works??

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Can't give you an exact answer as i haven't researched in depth

However i can tell you that i've looked on ebay and power lock conversion for the 4 door is 32$ shipped...might be something to look at

·
Registered
985 Posts
you'd have to reprogram the new BCM to her car if you swapped it. Thats about $150 alone, so its not a bad idea to just tap into the existing bcm. you could always take the wiring from the LT. I don't know if you need to 'teach' the car that it now has power options tho. if you do, might be worth swapping bcm's afterall since regardless you have to reprogram it..but no guarantees it'll be a match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.