Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been trying to polish my value cover with out removing it from the car and ive been using and alum. polish and its not really doing anything. like it is cleaning it but not really making it look even nice. does anyone have any ideas on some products to try and use?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Value cover? haha

but i think you need to be more aggressive at first. like with some actual sandpaper then move into the polish later. you have to start rough and slowly work your way down to the polishes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive never removed one before so i dont want to damage it and make my motor die. i have bad luck like that

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
hahahahahaa wow. well at least you are smart about not trying to do work you know you aren't comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You can totally shine it up without taking it off! I did that to mine bc im not ready to paint it yet, so i was lazy and left it on. Hit it with a sanding pad, real rough, then wet sanded with 400 and then bumped up to wet sanding with 2000. Sure its not neat polished but it looks so much cleaner! and just be careful whats attached, In my case i took out my coil pack so i didnt scratch the black part :) ill post a pic of it tomorrow when its light and you can see the valve cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.