Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying the ZZP kit but I really don't know too much about 'em. My cobalt is my daily driver so I gotta ask, are superchargers reliable and / or take a lot of maintenance?

My dad and a friend of mine are installing it because I wouldn't know the first thing about installing it. The website says it comes with an install manual and a CD that shows a step by step guide. If someone has a pretty good idea of how to install it and they use those CD guides, is it a fairly simple process? I don't wanna by this and take my intake system apart and find out we can't finish the job.

Lastly I'll need a tune which is my main concern. How exactly do I go about sending shit in to ZZP for the tune?

Any other tips / recommendations I should know about with this kit. I am willing to learn and take any advice. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I'll check it out! Another question, it says the kit is out of order on their website. Is this a common problem and when do you think they'll be available again?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
buying the kit is...eh...sorta silly. if you gather the parts yourself, not only will you get a full understanding of what's involved and how everything works, you'll save money.
zzp in my opinion likes to throw stuff together and forget about it.
don't be a cc08 and think a supercharger kit is going to give you x amount of horsepower just because zzp says so. you may see dyno graphs, hear great things, but there's no way to really tell unless you tackle it yourself. a project like this is a project, not an instant bolt on horsepower adder. good luck :D

·
Registered
992 Posts
yeah man, what ff said. I was always an audio guy basically a ricer until this weekend. I just finished my SC install it took about 12 hours this past few days and i have learnt so much. me and my buddy ended up doing 3/4 of the install and we knew nothing when we started. Do research do it yourself and learn because it feels so much better

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah, wtf - where is your thread.

I took about 400 pictures during my swap.

But yes, Superchargers are very reliable.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Supercharger setups are quite reliable. Not too much to go wrong. The main things to keep check on is the H/E pump and the supercharger coupler.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Wire what T?

And I did all the work and still managed pictures =P

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Oh, yeah.

Well, Mike seems confident it's wired correctly...

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
My bad. Wait - Jared's Bad! :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.