Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on some stock cobalts and some stock impalas these wheels come on it and i thought it might be a cool idea to paint the middle bowtie a different color.
is this idea a good one? and if so how would i go about painting this small bowtie?
take a look at the wheels and tell me what you think

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think it would look OK. Try to photoshop a picture of your wheels on your car then paint the bowties red there - see how it looks and as everyone on this forums says - if you like it, then do it, it's your ride!:) As far as actually doing the work, I'm not 100% sure on how you would paint them. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Its been done before. The first time i saw it was on this guy becks car. I think he had a red car and he painted the bowties red. Looked good, but rit wasnt that much. i would maybe paint a red lip too to make it a little more, just painting the bowtie wouldnt be that noticable.

But if i had those rims i would completly paint the rims black except for the little circle around the bowtie. But also have the bowtie painted black, it looks REALLY good like that. Not painting the circle help to bring out the bowtie. Ill post up a pic if you want, im telling you it looks great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its been done before. The first time i saw it was on this guy becks car. I think he had a red car and he painted the bowties red. Looked good, but rit wasnt that much. i would maybe paint a red lip too to make it a little more, just painting the bowtie wouldnt be that noticable.

But if i had those rims i would completly paint the rims black except for the little circle around the bowtie. But also have the bowtie painted black, it looks REALLY good like that. Not painting the circle help to bring out the bowtie. Ill post up a pic if you want, im telling you it looks great.
i saw i <3 booster's car and that looked good. i just think taking off my wheels and painting them seems a little too much for me to DIM. but maybe im overestimating it.
i would love to do something like that seeing as that i cant afford to buy aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well it depends if you have a second set of rims. if u have something else u should. otherwise you'll be without a car way to long

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i hear ya. I'm in the same boat. u might be able to get ur hands on some old steelies cheap if u really want to paint em

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.