Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This quick connect is stuck any ideas how to get it off it goes to the fuel pump I’m going to replace the pump i got a P0230 code and I checked everything but I thought about breaking the connecter but don’t want to damage the line what should I do any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soak the rusty end in PB Blaster and move the quick connect around a little bit to work it in. A little rust can make enough friction to keep the spring clip from expanding.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is common on quick connects that have not been removed in many years. Soaking with penetrating oil may help. Pb blaster may damage the o-ring, you may want to try something less caustic like wd-40, unless you’re replacing the connector which I assume you won’t want to do.

I usually don’t have to let it sit for long. You probably really don’t need to. The best thing to speed things up is to gently but firmly push and pull the connector on and off the fuel filter to break the o-ring lose. Twisting may help but often the o-ring is stuck onto the filters nipple and can only be unstuck by a push and pull.

Also I’m sure you already know but it requires a disconnect tool. Some of the plastic ones will not work well and may be quite difficult to break free the internal prongs holding the connector to the filter.

Also when releasing the internal prongs, pushing the connector onto the filter will allow tension to be freed from them and can be released with the tool. If you insert the tool without pushing the connector onto the filter you may never get it to release.

On some occasions I have to use very small pocket size flat blade screw drivers to free the prongs inside the connector, there are 4 inside there. Sometimes the release too will not push them open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts