Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around the forums but I can't seem to get a definite answer, I've had True CAI's before back when I had my Jeep Liberty it was actually getting direct fresh cold air but besides the point.. If I got a Short Ram Intake like the Weapon R Dragon would it damage my engine because some are saying that the warm air from the engine bay is bad.

Here's my thought though say I was able to wrap the tubing in that wrap that claims to keep hot air out (JcWhitney claim) would I be still damaging my engine or what? I don't want an Injen CAI because honestly I drive in Oklahoma where the weather changes in 5 minutes with that being said I just want a Short Ram Intake.. Any props on the Weapon R's? Also will an Exhaust help with an SRI?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
SRI isnt going to damage your engine. Cold air is preffered for better performance and high end power and short ram is for low end power. and hmm i would say ditch the weapon R intake and get the Injen intake because you can adjust it to cold air or short ram whenever you want

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SRI isnt going to damage your engine. Cold air is preffered for better performance and high end power and short ram is for low end power. and hmm i would say ditch the weapon R intake and get the Injen intake because you can adjust it to cold air or short ram whenever you want
See that's the issue though I personally can't take off my front bumper and stuff in order to do the CAI for the Injen kit because it's my daily driver and I ain't got time with work and school..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.